North Park Breweries invade Common Theory Public House (Kearney Mesa)
Several breweries from North Park will be featured on draft.
Thorn, Burning Beard, & Fall Present Hammered Satin at The Casbah
$5 at the door, doors open at 7pm, and tacos from Dos Tierras. Listen to the sweet tunes of LA’s favorite glam rock band!
2nd Annual Hops & Jackpots at Sycaun Casino
Shuttles from 7 breweries (Thorn Barrio Logan, Rouleur Brewing, Amplified Aleworks Pacific Beach, Second Chance Brewing Carmel Mountain, Fall Brewing North Park, Societe Brewing Kearney Mesa, and Burning Beard El Cajon) around the county will take you to Sycuan casino for you to enjoy a complimentary appetizer buffet, Poker tournament, Blackjack tournament and live entertainment from San Diego troubadour Sutton Papaniclus.
Sign ups available online through the SD Brewers Guild website.
Drag Show at Til 2 club in City Heights
Thorn’s very own Doug Pominville competing with the brewers from Fall, Deschuttes, Amplified Aleworks, Burning Beard, and Second Chance Doors open at 7pm Show starts at 8pm Local punk band Spice Pistols perform at 10pm. Hot Dogs served by Tom Logsdon of Sister Rays in Golden Hill.
Antique Roadshow La Mesa Bar crawl
Join Thorn Brewing, Latchkey Brewing, Second Chance Brewing, and Burning Beard Brewery as we walk the streets of La Mesa looking for delicious local craft beer, and special one of a kind antiques!
- Event starts at 1pm at The Hills. If you want to show up earlier to eat something, probably a half decent idea.
- The staff at each place will decide how we win prizes.
- Teams of 5 for each brewery.
- Teams must wear shirts of the respective breweries they’re representing. This will help us herd cats.
- Probably a good idea to bring backpacks/bags for treasures/alley beers.
- Around 2pm we’ll walk or uber down to Centifonti’s
- Centifonti’s, you guys, they have a boot. And Ice Cream.
- Curbside is right next door!
- Head to Reanimated Records to buy things that we don’t really need, but actually like totally do. We collaborated with them on a record bag for the day.
- Stroll leisurely to Hoffers. Each team needs to buy at least one cigar. They will award us prizes based on our taste.
- Walk to the Riviera and drink some alley beers. Can take an Uber, but then alley beers in parking lot
- Hopefully we’re there by 6. Hopefully.
- Big Nate has offered to be our Antique Assessor, waiting on confirmation for that. If he can’t, I’ll ask Throop. Each team will go up and he will determine the value/probably talk a lot of shit. It’ll be great!
- Eat steaks, hot wings, drink martinis.
- Celebrate they fact that we made it out of Beer Week alive.
Beer Fish IPA Battle
Thorn won our round of the blind taste test Beer Fish IPA battle! The finals will be held Sunday, November 10th with voting and flights available all day. Brewers/Reps will arrive around 6pm, and the beers will be revealed at 8pm with the winners announced by 9pm!
Round 5 Breweries (winners from the first four rounds)
North Park Beer Co.
(Winner from round 4)